Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ducks in a Row

The following event did not occur in my backyard, but it is worth mentioning...

So usually, "get your ducks in a row" means get your act together. Last evening, I got my ducks in a row...on a busy four-lane road between Home Depot and Lowe's! As I was driving home from school last night, I approached a red light at a very busy intersection near Home Depot and Lowe's. I happened to look over at the driver next to me, who I was sure would "floor it" as soon as the light turned green because the lanes merge past the traffic light. Her face was one of wonder and awe...I looked up just as the light turned green and I looked ahead to see what I was she was ogling.

It was a mother duck and approximately eight little ducklings crossing the aforementioned busy four-lane road from the storm water retention pond at Home Depot over to the one at Lowe's. I have never seen so many little webbed feet move so quickly! I could not help but laugh out loud in amazement and wonder. THANKFULLY, Momma Duck and all of her babies made it safely across all four travel lanes (traffic was light) and were headed toward the pond at Lowe's in my last glance in the rear view mirror. What a sight to behold!

Finally, before I go, I am going to test inserting two pictures of Fredrick and see how that turns out. If it works, I will try to incorporate photos into my posts when possible.





Until next time, keep your eyes open for wild wonders!

1 comment:

Bren Haas said...

The frogs are WAY COOL! Great photo and thanks for sharing.